Asian noodle salad a quick, easy and versatile dish. One of the main things I advise clients to have are some store cupboard staples so if you come in ‘hangry’ you don’t dial a takeaway or just eat something that won’t sustain you. Rice noodles are a great one to have, I also have some canned fish there too as they can be added quickly. You can really add anything to this some lovely veg and greens, chicken, pork, beef or fish. If having veg option make sure you include some nuts or seeds for protein so it’s a satisfying meal. Start to finish 10 minutes, you won’t get a take away delivered as fast!
1 person (just up ingredients per person)
- 100gm rice noodles (cooked per packet instructions)
- Chopped veg (peppers, grated carrot, celery, spinach, broccoli etc)
- Chicken, pork, beef, or fish (canned salmon used here)
- 1/2 chili or 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce (a light one preferable like Tamari)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons honey (or brown sugar) depending on the level of sweetness required
- Juice of half a lime
Place vinegar and honey/ sugar in a pot and heat gently to dissolve sugar/ honey. Take off the heat and stir in fish sauce, soya sauce, oil and lime juice. Taste to see if more lime or honey required. Add in chili if using.
Drain noodles and place in dish. Toss in salad dressing. Add veg and meat and top with lime, sliced cucumber, spring onions, seeds, nuts, basil, mint, coriander, chili flakes (basically whatever you fancy!)