This is really handy for leftover roast chicken.
- Leftover roast chicken (or can use 2 raw chicken breasts and cook through)
- 1 leek or onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 carrotts
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- ½ bag spinach/ bok choi or tender stem broccoli
- 1 teasp oregano/ green nori sprinkle (sea vegetable condiment)
- Fresh or dried herbs rosemary, thyme, parsley
- Black pepper, rock salt/ Himalayan salt.
- 1 tsp/knob real butter
- 1 tsp (dijon mustard optional)
- 2/3 tsp flour
- 200/250 ml milk
- Chop the vegetables.
- Gently heat olive oil and add leek/ onion, garlic saute for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Add herbs, carrots, celery, green vegetables then add the chicken.
- Meanwhile, make the white/ roux sauce.
- Melt the knob of butter and whisk in your flour (and mustard if using) until they blend in and then slowly add reserved milk and keep whisking until the sauce thickens. You may need to add more milk if sauce too thick. Season with ground black pepper and salt.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and vegetables and add the peas. Cook for 10/15 minutes (if using raw chicken until chicken fully cooked)
Serve with brown rice or mash or roast sweet potato.