This is really handy one if tired and not much in the fridge. Using a few store cupboard staples, as I call them, you can whip up a tasty, nutritious and satisfying meal. I use chorizo here but for a vegetarian option, you could use aubergine coated in paprika and a bit of cayenne pepper.
- 1 red, green or yellow pepper
- ½ bag spinach
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ chorizo sausage or
- ½ a large aubergine cut into to chunks and coated in 1 teaspoon paprika and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper.
- 1 tin haricot or black eye beans
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp oregano or green nori sprinkle (sea vegetable condiment)
- black pepper/ rock or Himalayan salt
- Chop peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Heat olive oil in the pan and add paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano/ nori sprinkle and peppers, onion and garlic. Gently cook until soft.
- Add chopped chorizo or coated aubergine and toss in vegetables and spices.
- Then add in can or beans and tomatoes, season with pepper and salt and cook for 10/15 minutes.
Serve on its own with fresh parsley or coriander and/or brown rice.